Several types of meetings can meet the needs of new members to explore and decide which type works best for them. These include:
- Women-only meetings (either telemeetings or local meetings in the US);
- Mixed meetings (for all genders);
- LGBT and LGBT-friendly meetings – many women find such meetings more inclusive and accepting of women than some other mixed meetings.
- Open meetings (visitors or guests welcome) may help, if you are not sure you are a sex addict, or not willing to self identify as one.
(See also note below on “Mixed” meetings)
Three places to look for meetings of all types:
- All meetings registered with the International Service Office (Click here)
- All Telemeeting Intergroup [TIG] meetings (Click here)
- Unregistered meetings (usually, local) — check local Intergroups
For any meeting information, call the International Service Organization [ISO] office at 1.800.477.8191 (US/Canada) or 1-713-869-4902, during office hours [10:00 AM – 6:00 PM CT/US];
email: email@example.com, (for women only), or firstname.lastname@example.org for the SAA Office in Houston, TX
Also, see the ISO’s Women’s Meeting page.
Q: Is it necessary for me to go to an all-women’s meeting?
A: […] The short answer is no, you don’t have to go to any specific kind of meeting. SAA has a variety of meetings for a simple reason: addicts are individuals with varying needs and comfort levels. All genders are represented within the fellowship of SAA, and some members may feel uncomfortable being in exclusively same-sex meetings, for a variety of reasons. “No single type of meeting can meet the needs of every sex addict. Some addicts will be more receptive to certain kinds of meetings than others” (Sex Addicts Anonymous, p. 83).
Extracted from Dear Grace article, The Outer Circle, May-June 2021, page 6.
Women-only meetings meetings:
Click here for Women’s Meetings
Note on “Mixed” (for all genders) meetings:
Most meetings in many places are mixed meetings, for both men or women. It may be helpful for you to find a woman-only meeting to hear stories like yours.
Meetings listed as “Mixed” may actually only have men attending; occasionally, there may be men who object to a woman being there, sometimes blaming their wife or partner. Know that Tradition Three gives you the right to attend any Mixed meeting!
“The only requirement for SAA membership is a desire to stop addictive sexual behavior“SAA Tradition Three
Please read the “Dear Grace” article, on page 12 in The Outer Circle for May-June 2016: “It’s Time for Women to Claim Their Seat in SAA.” If you experience this problem, you may seek help from email@example.com.
- “Dear Grace” article, “Importance of a Variety of Meetings” on page 6 in The Outer Circle for May-June, 2021
- “Dear Grace” article, “How to Ease Partners’ Fears About Mixed Meetings,” on page 6, in The Outer Circle for January – February, 2020
- “Dear Grace” article, “How Men Can Feel Safe in Mixed Meetings” on page 6, in The Outer Circle for November – December, 2019
- “Dear Grace” article, “What if I’m the Only Woman in a Meeting?” on page 6, in The Outer Circle for July – August 2019
- “Dear Grace” article, “How to Deal with Inappropriate Behavior” on page 6, in The Outer Circle for March – April 2018