Resources for finding a Sponsor (or being a sponsor) include:
- SAA Pamphlet: Getting a Sponsor (on-line; also available from SAA store)
- SAA Pamphlet: A Special Welcome to the Woman Newcomer includes a section on finding a sponsor (online, also available from SAA Office store)
- SAA Booklet: Tools of Recovery contains a section on Sponsorship (online; also available from SAA Office store)
- Our “Basic Text, Sex Addicts Anonymous (i.e., “The Green Book”), Chapter Two, pages 13 and 14; also, Story # 2, “A Phone Call Saved Her Life,” starting on page 114
- Women’s Outreach Committee: the Grace list contains names of those who are willing to sponsor; contact “Grace” by emailing your request to email@example.com
- Many women find gay men (especially) as sponsors when there are no women available to sponsor them.
- LGBT Outreach Committee: Committee members willing to sponsor other LGBTQ+ members may be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- Your local Intergroup may have resources to help you find a sponsor.
- Sponsors Helping Sponsors is a weekly discussion group and meeting;
- LGBTQ+ Workshop for Newcomers (including help for LGBTQ+ members finding sponsors).
- For lists of persons willing to sponsor — Sponsor Lists
Note: There is no “rule” that says a woman must have a woman (or a gay man) as a sponsor. However, Sex Addicts Anonymous (“the green book”) on page 13 does say, “It is recommended that we don’t enter into a sponsorship relationship with anyone we are attracted to sexually …”
Resources for sponsoring, or becoming a sponsor:
Sponsors Helping Sponsors also includes a library of over 70 recorded “Sponsors Helping Sponsors” discussions, for those who are or hope to be a sponsor.
- “Dear Grace” article, “Why We Need Sponsors” on page 6 in The Outer Circle for November – December 2019
- “Dear Grace” article, “Do I Have to Listen to My Sponsor?” on page 12 in The Outer Circle for July – August 2015
- “Dear Grace” article, “Finding, Asking for Sponsorship is Key to Sobriety” on page 12 in The Outer Circle for May – June 2015
- “Dear Grace” article, “Are Sponsors Always Right?” on page 12 in The Outer Circle for March- April 2015