A Committee of the International Service Organization [ISO] of SAA
The Women’s Outreach Committee was suggested in 2003 by a woman member of the ISO Board of Trustees and formed as a Board committee. Their primary purpose is to support the woman sex addict who still suffers.
Their scope is four‐fold:
- to reach out to all women who desire to stop addictive sexual behavior;
- to assist these women in connecting with other SAA women;
- to provide a safe place for women to reach out to other women for support and sponsorship, and
- to give women a voice in the SAA fellowship.
Some of their continuing activities are to:
produce the “Dear Grace” column in The Outer Circle
maintain the Women’s Outreach List (sometimes known as “the Grace list”
coordinate the Women’s Outreach room at each ISO convention.
serve as the content expert for the women’s pages on the ISO website.
facilitate sharing of ESH with other ISO committees, such as the Fellowship International Standing Committee of the Board
coordinate ways for the ISO to hear women’s voices, such as panel discussions and workshops at each ISO convention, and the continuing series of teleconferences on “Women in the Fellowship: What’s working; what’s not working.”
Past activities have included writing pamphlets for women in SAA. We have the WOC to thank for these pamphlets: A Special Welcome to the Woman Newcomer and Safe and Sober Meetings. The WOC also sponsored five women-only retreats in the years 2011 – 2017. (Note: hosting women-only retreats is a function the WOC recently transferred to the new Women’s intergroup.)What’s the Difference? Updated May 9, 2021
- The Outer Circle for July – August 2016 — The entire issue, subtitled: “The Woman in the Rooms — A series of articles explores the question: How can we make space as a fellowship for women in SAA?“