“To carry the message of recovery to the (woman) sex addict who still suffers and to support the (woman) sex addict who continues in her journey of recovery”
“To produce, support, and financially assist women-only retreats, workshops, events, activities, and initiatives focused on sexual addiction recovery; to support the women’s outreach initiatives of other SAA groups; and to provide information, encouragement, and financial assistance for individual women to participate in these events.”
Who are we – where do we come from?
The SAA Women’s Intergroup was formed in 2018 by members of the Women’s Outreach Committee [WOC] (with others), who saw the need for an autonomous service organization focused on helping women in SAA. We took over financially assisting and helping to organize women’s retreats from the WOC.
As an autonomous intergroup, we can accept donations targeted for women’s use (the ISO cannot). We have funded women’s workshops and a retreat and assisted women in attending the annual convention in our brief existence.
Today we are much more than just a funding committee, targeting the resource needs of new women members as we see them. In one location our website includes comprehensive help finding these resources:
1) meetings, 2) sponsors, 3) connections, 4) stories of women, and 5) diversity.
We are not affiliated with any other organization. As a registered Intergroup with the ISO of SAA, we are not part of the ISO and operate autonomously. We list our business meetings on the website of the Telemeeting Intergroup [TIG], but we are separate, and not a member meeting of that intergroup.
- Our Bylaws (Approved January 27, 2022)
- Email Voting Procedures
Registering meetings as”Welcoming to Women”
About 80% of SAA meetings are “Mixed”. But in practice, many are men-only. Most men welcome women to their meeting but some can seem unfriendly to women. The meetings listed have taken steps to consciously understand and welcome the woman sex addict.
The SAA Women’s Intergroup wants to help. We want to find approachable, welcoming, safe meetings friendly to women. We seek meetings with (i) contacts just for women and (ii) one or more women attending regularly.
If this describes your meeting (Mixed, Women-only, LGBTQ+, or Open), we encourage you to register your meeting with the SAA Women’s Intergroup as a member meeting. The Intergroup will list registered meetings on our women-focused website on the “Welcoming to Women” page.
Registered meetings receive monthly announcements, and their members (all genders) may attend and vote at our monthly meetings.
Registration will also help the Women’s Intergroup to be more representative. Registered meetings receive monthly announcements, and their members (all genders) may attend and vote at our monthly meetings.
Join us! Be a part of our service to SAA women
All SAA meetings and members who share our vision are invited to join and attend our Intergroup meetings, regardless of gender.
We hold a monthly meeting and all are welcome to attend.
On the first Sunday of each month.
1:30pm CT on zoom
Please email us for the joining details.
- All members of meetings registered with us as Welcoming to Women are automatically voting members of the Intergroup when they attend;
- All SAA members may attend — there is no gender requirement.
The Chair manages the monthly meetings. Erin until 2 May 2023.
Managing the finance. Judy.
Updating website. Deborah.
Minutes, and agendas for meetings. VACANT
Working with a team to plan and hold online or in-person events. VACANT
Liaison Servants for the ISO Committees and Intergroups
- Intergroup Communications Committee. VACANT
- Telemeeting Intergroup. VACANT
- Inclusion and Diversity Committee. VACANT
- Information Systems and Online Presence Committee. VACANT
- LGBT Outreach Subcommittee. VACANT
- Intimacy and Sexual Avoidance Awareness Committee. VACANT
- Long Range Convention Planning Committee. VACANT
- Women’s Outreach Committee. VACANT
- Office Oversight Committee. VACANT
- Prisoner Outreach Committee. VACANT
ISO Board of Trustees description
The ISO board website – www.saa-iso.org/
The SAA Women’s Intergroup wants to support you and welcomes your support! Join our email list to receive updates on the work of WIG, reminders of meetings and service positions.
Contact us because:
- you want to organise an event and would like financial backing
- you have ideas comments on the website
- you want to get involved with WIG decisions
- you want to know service positions are available
- you’re just interested!
Make a donation
Donations may be made by PayPal using our email address: SaawomensIG@gmail.com
- The SAA Traditions instruct us that we may accept donations from SAA members, Meetings, and Committees — we can accept no outside donations;
- our Bylaws permit the use of all donations only for the benefit of women SAA members;
- no member of the SAA Women’s Intergroup may personally receive any benefit from the donations.