“To carry the message of recovery to the (woman) sex addict who still suffers and to support the (woman) sex addict who continues in her journey of recovery”
“To produce, support, and financially assist women-only retreats, workshops, events, activities, and initiatives focused on sexual addiction recovery; to support the women’s outreach initiatives of other SAA groups; and to provide information, encouragement, and financial assistance for individual women to participate in these events.”
Who are we?
The SAA Women’s Intergroup was formed in 2018 by members of the Women’s Outreach Committee [WOC] (with others), who saw the need for an autonomous service organization focused on helping women in SAA. We took over financially assisting and helping to organize women’s retreats from the WOC.
As an autonomous intergroup, we can accept donations targeted for women’s use (the ISO cannot). We have funded women’s workshops and a retreat and assisted women in attending the annual convention in our brief existence.
Today we are much more than just a funding committee, targeting the resource needs of new women members as we see them. In one location our website includes comprehensive help finding these resources:
We are not affiliated with any other organization. As a registered Intergroup with the ISO of SAA, we are not part of the ISO and operate autonomously. We list our business meetings on the saatalk.info website which is managed by the Telemeeting Intergroup (TIG).
What is an Intergroup?
An intergroup is made up of individuals representing autonomous member groups within a defined geographic region, who meet regularly to coordinate activities and conduct business for the collective benefit of their member groups. Specialized types of meetings, such as tele-meetings or online meetings, may also choose to form intergroups to address issues unique to their particular medium. saa-recovery.org/iso/intergroups
The SAA Women’s Intergroup wants to support you and welcomes your support! Join our email list to receive updates on the work of WIG, reminders of meetings and service positions.
Contact us because:
- you want to organise an event and would like financial backing
- you have ideas comments on the website
- you want to get involved with WIG decisions
- you want to know service positions are available
- you’re just interested!
Join us! Be a part of our service to SAA women
All SAA meetings and members who share our vision are invited to join and attend our Intergroup meetings, regardless of gender.
We hold a monthly meeting on Zoom and all are welcome to attend.
On the first Sunday of each month. 2:30pm EST, (7:30pm UK time)
Please email us for the joining details.
- All members of meetings registered with us as Welcoming to Women are automatically voting members of the Intergroup when they attend;
- All SAA members may attend — there is no gender requirement.
The Chair manages the monthly meetings.
Managing the finance.
Minutes, and agendas for meetings.
Working with a team to plan and hold online or in-person events.
Liaison Servants for the ISO Committees and Intergroups
- Intergroup Communications Committee.
- Telemeeting Intergroup.
- Inclusion and Diversity Committee.
- Information Systems and Online Presence Committee.
- LGBT Outreach Subcommittee.
- Intimacy and Sexual Avoidance Awareness Committee.
- Long Range Convention Planning Committee.
- Women’s Outreach Committee.
- Office Oversight Committee.
- Prisoner Outreach Committee.
Make a donation
Donations may be made by PayPal using our email address: SaawomensIG@gmail.com
- The SAA Traditions instruct us that we may accept donations from SAA members, Meetings, and Committees — we can accept no outside donations;
- our Bylaws permit the use of all donations only for the benefit of women SAA members;
- no member of the SAA Women’s Intergroup may personally receive any benefit from the donations.